Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||The Church Ruins Neighboring Divriği’s Citadel Walls|
|Authors:||Merzian, Harry C.|
|Publisher:||Padova, Editoriale Programma|
|Abstract:||The Author provides a first-hand description of the architecture and decoration of some church remains, representing the only Christian architecture surviving in Divriği, a well known, mainly Islamic site of Anatolia. From the comparative analysis of the details of the architecture and its decoration, the Author draws the conclusion that these ruins were probable of an Armenian Chalcedon Church or a Greek Orthodox Church.Its original floor plan was most likely very similar to a specific typology of Middle Byzantine churches, studied by S. Ćurčić, that includes satellite (possibly funerary) chapels. Due to Yâkût’s reference to the church near the Paulician Castle and Yâkût’s death in 1229, the Author situates the erection date of the church no later than the 13th century.|
|Appears in Collections:||Annali di Ca' Foscari. Serie orientale|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.